The project is developed by a partnership composed by Provincia di Ancona (IT – Lead Partner), Regione Marche (IT), Fundación Comunidad Valenciana-Región Europea (ES), Policía Local de Valencia (ES), Institute of information and Communication Technologies – Bulgarian Academy of Sciences (BG), Sofia Municipality (BG).
It is co-financed by the European Commission through the Civil Protection Financial Instrument and lasts from 01.01.2011 till 31.12.2012.
It aims at creating local networks collecting daily all relevant information on road conditions related to any criticisms and suggestions on alternative routes, which can become crucial in case of a serious road emergency.
The main expected results are:
1. Optimizing systems for collecting and transmitting information concerning the civil protection particularly on natural disasters that have a negative impact on the feasibility of the roads.
2. Faster response times to the emergency protection system.
3. Dissemination of information to the stakeholders and the public.
4. Creating a database of the natural disasters which impact on the feasibility of the road.
5. Staff trained.
6. Public events and partnership meetings aimed to the dissemination of project objectives and results.
Introducing the project Civil protection financial instrument – Call for proposals 2010 Financial and Administrative Issues GOES-Timetable